Monday, May 2, 2011

Minority Inequalities Blog #5

The research that I am presenting in my final research paper is dealing with minority women in the workplace. While conducting my research I ran across an article titled Minority Women face double jeopardy of workplace harassment. In summary this article was a study done at the University of Toronto. The researchers were interested in two theories of harassment: additive and multiplicative. The study consisted of surveying workers at three male dominated manufacturing plants and three female dominated social service organizations. In conclusion the author proved that minority women are harassed more than others. This article applies to my research because as I stated before my topic is minority women in the workforce and how they are perceived, valued and rewarded. I hope to use this research to continue with my findings that there are gender as well as race inequalities on the workforce against African American women.

No comments:

Post a Comment