Taking this class changed my story since the beginning of this course. When I first started this course the beginning if the semester I was not really fond of other races. I was only used to being around people of color and people of my own descent. This part of me was not done by choice; it was my parent’s choice to enroll me into African American immersion based schools, which lead to that. But taking this course changed that. I’ve never been surrounded on a regular basis by a group of diverse individuals. I’ve learned that if I had the option I would have definitely preferred a diverse campus/environment instead of my parent’s decision of African American immersion schools. This course gave me the opportunity to develop a wider perspective and way of looking and thinking of other races. Before this class I’ve never thought that any color skin made one better than the other of have I ever had negative feelings about another race not only because I’m not a racist, but because I’ve never had to really interact with them. During the course of this semester I’ve gotten many different insights and thoughts of other races that I probably would have never realized or found out if I never took this class. At the end of the day I’m proud that I declared my minor of ethnic studies.
The islamerica event was one that I attended. It also placed a change on my cultural autobiography in a few ways. The first was presenting me with a great amount of knowledge and a greater feeling of what other people have and are struggling with today. It’s like now that I’ve experienced all that I have this semester I now have a heart and a feeling for other races than my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment